Review: Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block

Love in the Time of Global Warming (Love in the Time of Global Warming, #1)Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love everything by Francesca Lia Block and was happy to enter her LA fantasy world again. I like dystopia, too, so imagine my surprise when I realized this is Block's dystopian effort beautifully embellished with her fantastical characters, images and visions. Pen is a teenaged girl whose idyllic existence in Venice, CA is abruptly ended by the big one--a catastrophic earthquake called The Earth Shaker. For her safety she has to leave her home and find a new existence. On the journey she finds companions, sees some really freaky stuff, falls in love and and and....you'll have to read it to find out!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research project reboot: Using Guided Inquiry Design

The Magnificent Makerspace

Review: Neverhome by Laird Hunt