Review: The Half Life of Molly Pierce

The Half Life of Molly PierceThe Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't really know what this book was about when I picked it up, but I saw a review from one of my friends on Goodreads that it was about Dissociative Identity Disorder and thought, hmm, I liked Sybil: The Classic True Story of a Woman Possessed by Sixteen Personalities (I mean, who didn't) let's give this a try.

The story presents as a mystery. Why can't Molly remember things? How did she become involved in that motorcycle accident? How do people know her when she doesn't know them? What is happening when her friends and family look at her strangely and move on in the conversation?

Who is Molly Pierce?

The author answers that question deftly through two major characters. This was a quick, satisfying and ultimately hopeful read.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research project reboot: Using Guided Inquiry Design

Review: Neverhome by Laird Hunt

The Magnificent Makerspace